Yesterday while I was working in my home office, I smelled a toxic smell that made me look in the living room. A strange, gray haze filled the house and I knew something was seriously wrong. The air-conditioning people were here last week, so I could not imagine that was the problem.
I turned off the air and the smell continued. After calling Elephant Head Fire Department, I knew I had to get the animals out of the house. Four cats (one deaf) and four dogs would take several trips over to the visitor’s center. I called Jean for help and we relocated the animals to safety.
Less than five minutes later the fire trucks arrived and Don the Chief found the problem. Yes, there was a fire brewing in the air conditioning unit.
My heart is still pounding at the thought of losing the house. Thank you Elephant Head Fire for saving the house and saving the day!
I will be sending you a donation for your efforts!